Sunday, March 14, 2010

Yahoo Account Hacked

Early this morning, my Yahoo account was hacked. In addition to someone logging in to my account, they sent out emails to my friends and other contacts saying that I had been mugged in London and needed money sent right away. As if that wasn't bad enough, they reset my Facebook password and logged in to that account. They actually were chatting with people on Facebook basically giving them the same story. 

At present, I don't have access to my Yahoo or Facebook accounts. 

Probably the most interesting part of the whole story are the different reactions I've received from people who have received the email and/or were contacted on Facebook. 

My friend Missy said that she knew it wasn't me because of how much I hated to fly. Others knew that if I had been planning a trip to London, that I would have been talking about it on Facebook and Twitter. My friend Christina said that she knew it wasn't me because she just saw me yesterday. 

Hopefully, I'll be able to get this resolved sometime this week, and I've been changing other passwords all over the place. 

Posted via web from Sue Anne's Posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment