Monday, November 2, 2009

Brand Loyalty

I follow a lot of folks on Twitter who talk about branding, and I worrying about branding quite a bit at work too. For our non-profit's brand, it's more about visibility than loyalty.

For consumer brands, building that brand loyalty is key to repeat customers. There's only one brand that I'm absolutely devoted to and that's Rubbermaid. On Friday night, I went to multiple stores looking for Rubbermaid containers and that was after doing several web searches to see who might have Rubbermaid on sale.

Sterlite, at least in the home organization market, is probably Rubbermaid's biggest competitor and while I do have some Sterlite in my apartment, I'll never buy it again. I find it cheap and unusable. I can't tell you how many pieces of Sterlite I've had either break or buckle.

Rubbermaid isn't perfect and I've broken a couple of lids (mostly due to my own fault of dropping something heavy on top of the Rubbermaid lid).

What brands are you loyal to and what are you doing to support those brands?

Other great ideas on branding:

No comments:

Post a Comment